We are Recruiting!
Business Administration Apprentice (Legal)
We are looking for a bright young person who would like to get into the business and professional services (Google it if you are unsure) world, but who perhaps didn’t have the confidence or family support to go off to University after their A Levels. This is an ‘earn while you learn’ position as a Level 3 apprentice in Business Administration: Legal Administration.
Apprenticeships work like this: You would spend 4 days a week working as a member of staff in our business. You would spend 1 day a week on ‘day release’ at York College (we can help with transport if needed). Your training is paid for by us and the Government, there are no costs to you. The course is up to a maximum of 18 months long.
Whilst you are working in our business we will train you to do the following:
- Answer incoming phone enquiries in a professional and courteous manner
- Deal with incoming customer enquiries
- Learn to use our Case Management Software
- Open files
- Learn to touch type/ audio type
- Learn to produce letters and documents to a high standard of accuracy
- Support the practice Director with PA duties
Our aim is to take you from being a young person into being a valuable and useful professional with a range of transferable skills that could get you a job in any business or legal firm. A Level 3 qualification can also be used as a springboard for further learning allowing you to progress within the Legal or Business areas on to higher qualifications. Several members of our team are already doing this and gaining successive qualifications.
In return we are looking for someone with the drive and commitment to see the course through to its end. Learning new skills is not always easy so you need to able to take constructive criticism and use it as a driver to improve and reach higher standards. We are a small business so reliability and a good work ethic are also essential, as well as the inclination to muck in with fundraising, training and events as and when they occur. We are looking for someone who will put as much effort into their learning and training as we will.
To apply please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A covering letter totalling no more than one side of A4 explaining a little about yourself, your passions and why you would a.) like to do an apprenticeship and b.) want to work for Spectrum Solicitors.
- A CV detailing (as a minimum) your contact details, details of your qualifications/ exam results to date and any work experience or previous employment. Please note that attention to detail and accuracy are required as part of the job role – so don’t forget that this is your opportunity to make a good first impression.
You can download a pdf version of this job description HERE
You can download a course desciption from York College HERE